Wednesday, January 20, 2010

It's just Grace

I have a friend that was talking about another friend and describing this friend she said that he often says:

"Its Grace, Its Just Grace."

In other words, Why are WE, as wretched as we are, saved?, How can all this be true? How can it be so simple to receive? How? Why is there God and us?

"Its just Grace, its just Grace."

Sometimes theres just no words. Sometimes I think too much. But Jesus said, " Unless you be like a little child you cannot enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Not a direct paraphrase.) To believe is to trust God and sometimes we just have to trust God even when we can't fathom.
I have a rough mutt-like dog that lives in my grandfather's back yard and it is not great at taking commands. It needs to be trained to listen to my WORDS. In that way, we need to be trained to listen to GOD'S words. To His WORD. I feel like I had alot more thoughts that flowed in my brain easier but it boils down to this: His Word is truth. The scripture is God's words, expressions. laws. thoughts. commands. What He has to say. Why do we get it? Grace.

its just Grace. Please let me be humble to accept that Gift.

I'm in this strange process of waiting. Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm waiting for. Here's one I was happy to get:

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path. "
Proverbs 3:5

I wish i had taken a picture of when it was just now raining. (Its stormin In CA by the way. That means Compton too.) I had to run across the street and I felt like a little kid and I knew He was making it rain. Man, to feel like that always.

No comments: